Xiaomi released the Redmi 5A last year which was the latest smartphone in the Redmi series. As far as the Redmi 5A is concerned, it is a budget option for the Redmi 5. However, the company also launched Redmi 4A in 2016 which was the budget option to the Redmi 4.
Now, it is known that the device is getting the MIUI updates as Xiaomi has promised to update most of its older devices to latest version of MIUI. However, these smartphones are left out to taste the latest version of Android. As far as the Redmi 4A is concerned, it is still running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Therefore, if you want to get Android 8.1 Oreo on your Redmi 4A then you can do so now. We have attached a full installation guide below which will help you install the latest version of Android on your Xiaomi device. Note that this is done via Pixel Experience ROM and this is not official in any way. Thus, make sure to continue if you have proper knowledge about this.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Also, ensure that your device has 50% or more battery remaining to continue this process smoothly.
- Most importantly, make sure to take an entire backup of your device before installing the below-mentioned ROM on your device
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 4A
- First of all, follow the steps mentioned in the Prerequisites section properly.
- Now, make sure to download and transfer the files attached in the Downloads section to your Redmi 4A
- After that, you have to boot into the recovery menu on your device. For this, power off your device and press Volume Down+Power button at the same time for 3-5 seconds.
- Once in recovery, go to Install section and select the zip files one by one and flash them to your device.
- Once the zip files have been flashed, you will have Android 8.1 Oreo running on your Redmi 4A.
Now, this process can be a bit overwhelming if you are doing this for the first time. Thus, make sure to follow the procedure properly.
However, if you still have any doubts then comment your queries in the comments section below